MARINE DECK PAINT A lead free high gloss modified alkyd based finishing coat for interior or exterior marine decks. Formulated to resist salty water, weather and yellowing.
Properties and Areas of Use:
- Tough hard wearing film.
- Low odor and excellent application properties.
- Excellent color and gloss retention.
- Excellent flow and opacity.
- Used as a topcoat on steel decks in an anticorrosion alkyd system for marine decks.
Technical Coating Data @ 25 °C:
Finish: High Gloss
Color Range: Red or Green (Special colors upon request)
Solids Volume: 48 ± 2% depending on color
Dry Film Thickness Range: 35-75 µm
Theoretical Spreading Rate: 13.7 m² / L @ 35 microns DFT depending on color (loss factors will apply in practice)
Surface Dry: 2 hrs
Recoat Interval: 16 hrs minimum maximum, unlimited (after proper surface cleaning and preparation).
Flash Point: 38°C
Shelf Life: 12 months (stored in a cool dry place)
VOC: 410 g/L
Mixing Ratio: Single Pack
Film Thickness and Spreading Rate :
Minimum Maximum Typical
Film thickness, dry (µm): 35 75 50
Film Thickness, wet(µm): 73 156 104
Theoretical Spreading Rate (m2/L): 13.7 6.4 9.6
Suitable Surfaces :
- Steel and non-ferrous metals properly blast cleaned to SIS-Sa 2 1/2 minimum.
- Substrates must be free of contamination, dust, and efflorescence.
- Previously gloss painted surfaces should be thoroughly abraded or sand
blasted before application.
Bare Steel :
Cleanliness: Blast – cleaning to Sa2 1/2 (ISO-8501-1:2007). Power tool cleaning to min. St2 (ISO 8501-1:2007) may be acceptable, subject to exposure conditions.
Shop primed Steel :
Clean, dry and undamaged approved shop primer.
Coated Surfaces :
Substrate temperature should be 10°C or above for application and during cure, and a minimum of 3°C above the dew point. Adequate dry air ventilation is recommended for optimum drying.
Application Information :
Thinning should only take place after the material has been thoroughly mixed.
Brush and Roller :
Thin if required with 0-5% COLORAMA Thinner 906 or 921.
Conventional Air Spraying :
- Thin with 5-15% COLORAMA Thinner 906 or 921, as required.
- Tip size – 2.0 mm.
- Tip pressure – 60 psi (0. 4Mpa) approximately.
Airless Spraying :
- Thin with 0-10% COLORAMA Thinner 906 or 921, as required.
- Tip size – 13 thou (0.33mm) approximately.
- Tip pressure – 1700 psi (12Mpa) approximately.
Cleaning Thinner :
Equipment should be cleaned immediately after use with COLORAMA Thinner 906 or 921.
Drying time :
Drying times are affected by air ventilation, temperature, film thickness and number of
Substrate Temp. 10°C 25°C 40°C
Surface Dry: 6 h 4 h 2 h
Through Dry: 24 h 8 h 6 h
Dry to recoat, minimum: 36 h 24 h 16 h
The given data serve as guideline only. The actual drying time differs according to film thickness, ventilation, humidity and underlying paint system.
Typical paint system :
- PRIMALKYD – LPF 2 x 50 µ.
- Marine Deck Paint 2 x 50 µ.
Keep the containers in a dry, cool, well ventilated space and away from source of heat and ignition. Containers must be kept tightly closed.
Handle with care. Stir well before use.
Packing Size :
5 L & 18 L.
Summary Safety Information :
- Avoid inhalation of spray mist and skin contact by the use of masks, gloves and other personal protection. Eyes should be cautiously washed with water or proprietary wash, and medical attention obtained. Skin should be thoroughly washed using a cleanser and soap and water.
- Product is flammable.
- No sparks or flames.
- No smoking.