PRIMALKYD FAST A heat resistant up to 250ºC, anticorrosive fast dry Primer based on a modified alkyd resin designed for industrial and marine exposure.
Properties and Areas of Use:
- Quick drying gives high productivity.
- Very good abrasion , heat & weathering resistance.
- Used as anticorrosive primer for heavy duty steel works and heat resistant systems up to 250°C for exhaust pipes , engine parts, steel structures, scaffolds, containers and trailers.
Technical Coating Data @ 25 °C:
Color Range: Grey, Red or White
Solids Volume: 50 ± 2%
Dry Film Thickness Range: 25 – 100 µm
Theoretical Spreading Rate: 10 m² / L @ 50 microns DFT (loss factors will apply in practice).
Surface Dry: 10-15 min.
Recoat Interval: 4 hours minimum maximum, several months (after proper surface cleaning and preparation).
Flash Point: 30°C
Shelf Life: 12 months (stored in a cool dry place)
VOC: 520 g/l
Mixing Ratio: Single Pack
Film Thickness and Spreading Rate:
Minimum Maximum Typical
Film thickness, dry (µm): 25 100 50
Film Thickness, wet(µm): 50 200 100
Theoretical Spreading Rate (m2/L): 20 5 10
- Steel and non-ferrous metals properly blast cleaned to SIS-Sa 21/2 minimum, dry, dust free and wit no soluble salts present.
- Concrete free of contamination, dust, and efflorescence, and properly prepared.
Cleanliness: Blast – cleaning to Sa2 1/2 (ISO-8501-1:2007). Power tool cleaning to min. St2 (ISO 8501-1:2007) may be acceptable, subject to exposure conditions.
Clean, dry and undamaged approved shopprimer.
Clean, dry and undamaged compatible primer .
For aluminum substrates , thorough washing and sweeping with a nonmetallic blast medium is required.
Substrate temperature should be 5°C or above for application and during cure, and a minimum of 3°C above the dew point. Adequate dry air ventilation is recommended for optimum drying.
Thinning should only take place after the material has been thoroughly mixed.
Brush and Roller:
Thin if required with 0-10% COLORAMA Thinner 921.
Conventional Air Spraying:
- Thin with 5-15% COLORAMA Thinner 921, as required.
- Tip size – 2.0 mm.
- Tip pressure – 60 psi (0. 4Mpa) approximately.
- Thin with 0-10% COLORAMA Thinner 921, as required.
- Tip size – (0.2-0.3mm) approximately.
- Tip pressure – (120-150) atm. approximately.
Equipment should be cleaned immediately after use with COLORAMA Thinner 921.
Drying times are affected by air ventilation, temperature, film thickness and number of coats.
Substrate Temp.: 10°C 25°C 40°C
Surface Dry: 20 10 6
Through Dry: 3 2 1.5
Dry to recoat, minimum: 6 4 3
The given data serve as guideline only. The actual drying time differs according to film thickness, ventilation, humidity and underlying paint system.
Typical paint system:
Primalkyd Fast: 2 x 50 µ
Colofast: 2 x 50 µ
Keep the containers in a dry, cool, well ventilated space and away from source of heat and ignition. Containers must be kept tightly closed.
Handle with care. Stir well before use.
5Kg, 20 Kg
Summary Safety Information:
- Avoid inhalation of spray mist and skin contact by the use of masks, gloves and other personal protection. Eyes should be cautiously washed with water or proprietary wash, and medical attention obtained. Skin should be thoroughly washed using a cleanser and soap and water.
- Product is flammable.
- No sparks or flames.
- No smoking.