URELUX – SG Polyurethane A two pack semi-gloss aliphatic polyurethane topcoat with excellent color and gloss retention. Complies with ISO 12944-2 (C5M & C5I).
Properties and Areas of Use
– Tough, hard wearing flexible film, with excellent color retention and weathering resistance
– Good chemical resistance and excellent water resistance.
– Can be easily over coated after long exposure periods
– Cures at low temperatures
-Used as a finish coat for various surfaces such as wood, concrete floors and structural steel of food and chemicals processing plants and anti-chemicals flooring.
URELUX – SG Technical Coating Data @ 25 °C for mixed material
Color Range As per color card
Solids Volume 65 ± 2%
Dry Film Thickness Range 25-100 µm
Theoretical Spreading Rate 13 m² / L @ 50 microns DFT (loss factors will apply in practice)
Surface Dry 30 min.
Recoat Interval 2 hours minimum – 10 days maximum
Complete Cure 5 days
Pot Life 2 hours
Flash Point 28°C
Shelf Life 24 months (stored in a cool dry place)
Mixing Ratio by Weight 9 Base component – 1 Activator Component
VOC 491 g/L
URELUX – SG Film Thickness and Spreading Rate:
Minimum Maximum Typical
Film thickness, dry (µm) 25 100 50
Film Thickness, wet (µm) 38.5 154 77
Theoretical Spreading Rate (m2/L) 26 6.5 13
– Steel and non ferrous metals properly prepared and blast cleaned to ISO-Sa2½
– Concrete free of contamination, dust and efflorescence, and properly prepared
– Wood must be abraded with sand paper No. 320 and primed with PU or polyester wood sealer
Cleanliness: Blast – cleaning to Sa2 1/2 (ISO-8501-1:2007). Power tool cleaning to min. St2 (ISO 8501-1:2007) may be acceptable, subject to exposure conditions.
Clean, dry and undamaged approved shopprimer
Clean, dry and undamaged compatible primer .
For aluminium substrates , thorough washing and sweeping with a nonmetallic blast medium is required.
Substrate temperature should be 10°C or above for applicaƟon and during cure and a minimum of 3°C above the dew point. Adequate dry air ventilation is recommended for optimum drying.
Thinning should only take place after the two components have been thoroughly mixed.
Brush and Roller
Thin if required with 0-5% Paint Thinner Colorama TH908UE.
Conventional Air Spraying
– Thin with 5-25% Paint Thinner Colorama TH908UE, as required.
– Tip size – 2.0 mm
– Tip pressure – 60 psi (0.4Mpa) approximately
-Thin with 0-20% Paint Thinner Colorama TH908UE, as required
– Tip size – 0.58-.79 mm approximately
-Tip pressure – 2100 psi (15Mpa) approximately
Equipment should be cleaned immediately after use with Paint Thinner Colorama TH908UE.
Drying times are affected by air ventilation, temperature, film thickness and number of coats.
Substrate Temp. 10° C 25° C 40° C
Surface Dry 1 h 30 min. 15 min.
Through Dry 2 h 1 h 45 min
Dry to recoat, minimum 6 h 2 h 1 h
The given data serve as guideline only. The actual drying time differs according to film thickness,
ventilation, humidity and underlying paint system.
Typical paint system:
Paint System for Wood
– URELUX – SG 50 µ
– FONDAL – AC White 2 x 50 µ
– URELUX – SG 2 x 50 µ
Keep the containers in a dry, cool, well ventilated space and away from source of heat and ignition. Containers must be kept tightly closed.
Handle with care. Stir well before use.
Packing Size: 5 L & 18 L
Summary Safety Information
– Avoid inhalation of spray mist and skin contact by the use of masks, gloves and other
personal protection. Eyes should be cautiously washed with water or proprietary wash, and
medical attention obtained. Skin should be thoroughly washed using a cleanser and soap and
– Product is flammable
– No sparks or flames
– No smoking
URELUX – SG Polyurethane