COLOFAST ALKYD FAST DRY, non-yellowing, high quality modified alkyd resin based enamel with outstanding high gloss finish, excellent light fastness, weather resistance and heat resistance up to 250°C, designed for industrial equipment, heavy vehicles, trailers and marine exposure steel works.
Properties and Areas of Use
– Quick drying gives high productivity.
– Very good abrasion, water & weathering resistance
– Excellent gloss and color retention
– Used as a topcoat for heavy duty steel works as a heat resistance barrier for up to 250°C for exhaust pipes, engine parts, steel structures, scaffolds, containers and trailers.
Technical Coating Data @ 25 °C
Finish High Gloss
Color Range As per shade card
Solids Volume 50 ± 2% depending on color
Dry Film Thickness Range 25 – 100 µm
Theoretical Spreading Rate 10 m² / L @ 50 microns DFT depending on
color (loss factors will apply in practice)
Surface Dry 10-15 min
Recoat Interval 4 hours minimum .maximum, several months (after proper surface cleaning and preparation)
Flash Point 30°C
Shelf Life 24 months (stored in a cool dry place)
VOC 241 g/ L
Mixing Ratio Single pack
Film Thickness and Spreading Rate:
Minimum Maximum Typical
Film thickness, dry (µm) 25 100 50
Film Thickness, wet(µm) 50 200 100
Theoretical Spreading Rate (m2/L) 20 5 10
– Steel and non-ferrous metals properly cleaned and primed with Colorama PRIMALKYD Fast.
– Surface must be clean, dry & free of dust, dirt, grease, oil & rust
Cleanliness: Blast – cleaning to Sa2 1/2 (ISO-8501-1:2007). Power tool cleaning to min. St2 (ISO 8501- 1:2007) may be acceptable, subject to exposure conditions.
Clean, dry and undamaged approved shopprimer
Clean, dry and undamaged compatible primer .
For aluminums substrates , thorough washing and sweeping with a nonmetallic blast medium is
Substrate temperature should be 5°C or above for application and during cure, and a minimum of 3°C above the dew point. Adequate dry air ventilation is recommended for optimum drying.
Thinning should only take place after the material has been thoroughly mixed.
Brush and Roller:
Thin if required with 0-10% COLORAMA Thinner 921.
Conventional Air Spraying:
– Thin with 5-15% COLORAMA Thinner 921, as required
– Tip size – 2.0 mm
– Tip pressure – 60 psi (0. 4Mpa) approximately
– Thin with 0-10% COLORAMA Thinner 921, as required.
– Tip size – (0.4-0.5mm) approximately
– Tip pressure – (120-150) atm. approximately
Equipment should be cleaned immediately Auer use with COLORAMA Thinner 921.
Drying times are affected by air ventilation, temperature, film thickness and number of coats.
Substrate Temp. 10° C 25° C 40° C
Surface Dry (min.) 20 10 6
Through Dry (h) 3 2 1
Dry to recoat, minimum (h) 6 4 2
The given data serve as guideline only. The actual drying time differs according to film thickness,
ventilation, humidity and underlying paint system.
Keep the containers in a dry, cool, well ventilated space and away from source of heat and ignition. Containers must be kept tightly closed.
Handle with care. Stir well before use.
5 L & 18 L
Summary Safety Information
– Avoid inhalation of spray mist and skin contact by the use of masks, gloves and other
personal protection. Eyes should be cautiously washed with water or proprietary wash, and
medical attention obtained. Skin should be thoroughly washed using a cleanser and soap and
– Product is flammable
-No sparks or flames
– No smoking
COLOFAST ALKYD FAST DRY