Interior Drum Lacquer is modified epoxy phenolic based baking lacquer containing pigments of high opacity and color retention, used for metal drum lining
Properties and Areas of Use
– Excellent gloss
– Excellent mar resistance
– Tough & flexible
-Excellent adhesion to bare steel
– Excellent resistance to food stuff and wide range aggressive chemicals such as fuel, acids, alkalis and organic solvents.
– Used as lining paint for the internal surfaces of metal drums which used for packing food,vegetable oils, nectars, etc. because of its inert behavior which means that it doesn’t affect or affected by food and complies with FDA F175.300.
Interior Drum Lacquer Technical Coating Data @ 25 °C
Finish High Gloss
Color Range Red
Solids Volume 45 ± 3% depending on color
Dry Film Thickness Range 20-40 µm
Theoretical Spreading Rate 15 m² / L @ 30 microns DFT (loss factors will apply in practice)
Baking Time 15 min at 200°C peak metal temp.
Shelf Life 24 months (stored in a cool dry place)
VOC 597 g/L
Mixing ratio Single pack
Film Thickness and Spreading Rate:
Minimum Maximum Typical
Film thickness, dry (µm) 20 40 30
Film Thickness, wet(µm) 45 89 67
Theoretical Spreading Rate (m2/L) 22.5 11.25 15
– Mild steel, galvanized and zinc coated steel, aluminium and most non-ferrous metals
Objects to be coated must be dry, clean and free from dust, oils, grease, water and any other contaminations may affect adhesion. Objects to be coated must be chemically washed and dried before application.
Substrate should be clean and free from any contamination. Hot dry air furnaces are recommended.
Thinning should only take place after the material has been thoroughly mixed.
Conventional Air Spraying
– Thin with Thinner Colorama 913
– Spray at 20-22 sec/ Ford cup 4.
– Apply air atomizing pressure of 3.5 atm.
Equipment should be cleaned immediately after use with Thinner Colorama 913.
Drying takes place in hot dry air furnaces at 200ºC for 15 min.
Keep the containers in a dry, cool, well ventilated space and away from source of heat and ignition.Containers must be kept tightly closed.
Handle with care. Stir well before use.
Packing Size: 18 L
Summary Safety Information
-Avoid inhalation of spray mist and skin contact by the use of masks, gloves and otherpersonal protection. Eyes should be cautiously washed with water or proprietary wash,and medical attention obtained. Skin should be thoroughly washed using a cleanser and soap and water.
– Product is flammable
– No sparks or flames
– No smoking
Interior Drum Lacquer EPOXY PHENOLIC