Properties and Areas of Use:
- Tough hard wearing film.
- Good chemical resistance.
- Excellent water resistance.
- Used with low slip additive for floors and decks.
Technical Coating Data @ 25 °C for mixed material:
Color Range: Grey, Red or White
Solids Volume: 85 ± 2%
Dry Film Thickness Range: 100-300 µm
Theoretical Spreading Rate: 8.5 m² / L @ 100 microns DFT (loss factors will apply in practice)
Surface Dry: 4 hours
Recoat Interval: 12 hours minimum
7 days maximum
Complete Cure: 7 days
Pot Life: 2 hours
Flash Point: 27°C
Shelf Life: 12 months (stored in a cool dry place)
Mixing Ratio by Weight: 4 Base component
1 Activator Component
VOC: 316 g/L
Film Thickness and Spreading Rate:
Minimum Maximum Typical
Film thickness, dry (µm): 100 300 200
Film Thickness, wet(µm): 118 353 235
Theoretical Spreading Rate(m2/L) 8.5 2.83 4.25
- Steel and non ferrous metals properly prepared and blast cleaned to ISO-Sa2½
- Concrete free of contamination, dust and efflorescence, and properly prepared
Cleanliness: Blast – cleaning to Sa2 1/2 (ISO-8501-1:2007). Power tool cleaning to min. St2 (ISO 8501-1:2007) may be acceptable, subject to exposure conditions.
Shop primed Steel:
Clean, dry and undamaged approved shop primer.
Clean, dry and undamaged compatible primer .
For aluminum substrates , thorough washing and sweeping with a nonmetallic blast medium is required.
Substrate temperature should be 10°C or above for application and during cure and a minimum of 3°C above the dew point. Adequate dry air ventilation is recommended for optimum drying.
Thinning should only take place after the two components have been thoroughly mixed.
Brush and Roller:
Thin if required with 0-5% Paint Thinner Colorama TH907EP.
Conventional Air Spraying:
- Thin with 5-25% Paint Thinner Colorama TH907EP, as required.
- Tip size – 2.0 mm.
- Tip pressure – 60 psi (0.4Mpa) approximately.
- Thin with 0-20% Paint Thinner Colorama TH907EP, as required.
- Tip size – 0.58-.79 mm approximately.
- Tip pressure – 2100 psi (15Mpa) approximately.
Equipment should be cleaned immediately after use with Paint Thinner Colorama TH907EP.
Drying times are affected by air ventilation, temperature, film thickness and number of coats.
Substrate Temp. 10°C 25°C 40°C
Surface Dry: 8 4 2
Through Dry: 16 8 6
Dry to recoat, minimum: 24 12 8
The given data serve as guideline only. The actual drying time differs according to film thickness, ventilation, humidity and underlying paint system.
Typical paint system:
- PRIMABUILD – ST 1 x 200 µ
- URELUX 1 x 50 µ
Keep the containers in a dry, cool, well ventilated space and away from source of heat and ignition. Containers must be kept tightly closed.
Handle with care. Stir well before use.
5 L & 18 L
Summary Safety Information:
- Avoid inhalation of spray mist and skin contact by the use of masks, gloves and other personal protection. Eyes should be cautiously washed with water or proprietary wash, and medical attention obtained. Skin should be thoroughly washed using a cleanser and soap and water.
- Product is flammable.
- No sparks or flames.
- No smoking.