Colorama AQUAPROOF primer is a high quality adhesion promoting primer/penetrating sealer for water proofing membrane systems for roofs made of concrete, masonry, gypsum and cement renders.
Properties and Areas of Use.
- Environmentally friendly as water based
- Used as a part of AQUAPROOF system for waterproofing membrane and carbon oxides
- Excellent penetration and adhesion
Color Range White or Grey
Solids Volume 40 ± 2%
Dry Film Thickness Range 25-100 µm
Theoretical Spreading Rate 8 m² / L @ 50 microns DFT
(loss factors will apply in practice)
Surface Dry 2 h
Recoat Interval 6 hours minimum
maximum, several months
(after proper surface cleaning and preparation)
Shelf Life 12 months (stored in a cool dry place)
Film Thickness and Spreading Rate:
|Film thickness, dry (µm)||
|Film Thickness, wet (µm)||
|Theoretical Spreading Rate (m2 /L)||
- * Prepare the surface thoroughly by cleaning, washing and removing dust, dirt, oil, grease and loose particles.
- Damaged or hollow portions, sharp edges, must be cut and removed till the mother slab.
- Bitumen based waterproofing treatments if existing, must be completely removed by mechanical scarification or by any other effective mechanical means.
Precautions & Limitations
- All corners, gaps, joints, protrusions & outlets shall be coated with two extra
- Do not apply during
- The product is designed only for foot traffic and not vehicular or movement of machinery or
- Do not apply Colorama AQUAPROOF over expansion or moving joints unless joints are filled with recoatable sealant.
Equipment should be cleaned immediately after use with wate.
Drying time :
Drying times are affected by air ventilation, temperature, film thickness and number of coats.
|Substrate Temp.||10° C||25° C||40° C|
|Surface Dry||6 h||2 h||1 h|
|Through Dry||12 h||4 h||2 h|
|Dry to recoat, minimum||24 h||6 h||4 h|
The given data serve as guideline only. The actual drying time differs according to film thickness, ventilation, humidity and underlying paint system.
Typical paint system :
- AQUAPROOF Primer 1 x 50 µ.
- AQUAPROOF 4 x 250 µ (Waterproofing) 2 x 250 µ (Carbon oxides Barrier)
Keep the containers in a dry, cool, well ventilated space and away from source of heat and ignition. Containers must be kept tightly closed.
Handle with care. Stir well before use.
Summary Safety Information:
Avoid inhalation of spray mist and skin contact by the use of masks, gloves and other personal protection. Eyes should be cautiously washed with water or proprietary wash, and medical attention obtained. Skin should be thoroughly washed using a cleanser and soap and water.
The information given in this data sheet represents test results & practical experience obtained under controlled conditions, and are correct to the best of our knowledge. However, as products are often used under different conditions, we can only guarantee the quality of our product, and reserve the right to change data without further notice.