AQUAPROOF 1500 -ROOF COATINGS-FLEXIBLE MEMBRANE is a heavy duty ceiling, façade elements, terrace and roofs elastic waterproof coating system, based on specially developed highly elastic & resilient UV resistant polyurethane-acrylic polymers, It is used as a liquid applied coating for crack-bridging, carbon oxides barrier, waterproofing membrane. Colorama AQUAPROOF is a multi-layer system ensuring proper build-up of the thickness, making it a reliable waterproofing system.
Properties and Areas of Use
– Film thickness – Provides higher dry film thickness of about 1 mm in 2-4 coats with roller application.
– Suitability – Can be used as waterproofing membrane for flat and sloping roofs and as carbon oxides barrier for ceilings.
– Strength – Higher tensile strength, tear resistance & bond strength with cementations substrates.
– Resilience – Forms highly elastic & resilient coating so helps to withstand the structural movements.
– Durability – Resistant to rain, UV & weather conditions.
– Ease of application – Can be applied as supplied by roller, airless spray & squeegee.
– Primer – can be used as self primer Auer dilution with 25-40 % water.
– Weight addition – Light in weight does not add extra weight over the roof.
– Easy to recoat existing surfaces coated earlier with Colorama AQUAPROOF.
Technical Coating Data @ 25 °C
Color Range White, Special colors available upon request
Solids Volume 50 ± 2%
Dry Film Thickness Range 100-1000 µm
Theoretical Spreading Rate 1 m² / L @ 500 microns DFT
(loss factors will apply in practice)
Surface Dry 1-2 h
Recoat Interval 6 hours minimum
maximum, several months
Shelf Life 12 months (stored in a cool dry place)
VOC 23 g/L
Film Thickness and Spreading Rate :
Minimum Maximum Typical
Film thickness, dry (µm) 500 1000 750
Film Thickness, wet (µm) 1000 2000 1500
Theoretical Spreading Rate (m2/L) 1 0.5 0 .75
* Prepare the surface thoroughly by cleaning, washing and removing dust, dirt, oil, grease and loose
* Damaged or hollow portions, sharp edges, etc. must be cut and removed.
* Bitumen based waterproofing treatments if existing, must be completely removed by mechanical
scarification or by any other effective mechanical means.
Precautions & Limitations
– All corners, gaps, joints, protrusions & outlets shall be coated with two extra coats.
– The product is designed only for foot traffic and not vehicular or movement of machinery or equipment.
– Do not apply Colorama AQUAPROOF over expansion or moving joints unless joints are filled with recoatable sealant.
Solid Content (By Weight) 55 ±2%.
Hardness (Shore A) ASTM D 2240: 2002 80.00
Tensile Strength, N/mm2 ASTM D 412 : 2002 1.20
Elongation at Break, % ASTM D 412 : 2002 150% min.
UV Resistant – Accelerated ASTM G 154 : 2000 Excellent: No thermal degradation,
Weathering (1000 hours) No cracking, chalking and discoloration
Adhesion Strength, N/mm2 ASTM D 4541 : 2002 1.00
Water Vapor Transmission ASTM E 96 : 2000 19 g/m2 /day
Cleaning Thinner :
Equipment should be cleaned immediately after use with water.
Drying time :
Drying times are affected by air ventilation, temperature, film thickness and number of coats.
Substrate Temp. 10° C 25° C 40° C
Surface Dry 6 h 2 h 1 h
Through Dry 12 h 4 h 2 h
Dry to recoat, minimum 24 h 6 h 4 h
The given data serve as guideline only. The actual drying time differs according to film thickness, ventilation,
humidity and underlying paint system.
Typical paint system :
– AQUAPROOF Primer 1 x 50 µ.
– AQUAPROOF 4 x 250 µ (Waterproofing) 2 x 250 µ (Carbon oxides Barrier)
Keep the containers in a dry, cool, well ventilated space and away from source of heat and ignition.
Containers must be kept tightly closed.
Handle with care. Stir well before use.
Summary Safety Information :
– Avoid inhalation of spray mist and skin contact by the use of masks, gloves and other personal protection. Eyes should be cautiously washed with water or proprietary wash, and medical attention obtained. Skin should be thoroughly washed using a cleanser and soap and water.